At impact gamers we are focused on building up as many young people as possible in sharing their creativity and passion. This won us a BAFTA in 2018.
We have after school groups for 8-15yr olds to come and learn game making but are often asked what we can offer those highly talented or over 16’s or in terms of mentoring and experience.
This is why we set up the IG Academy.
Running Thursdays 4:30-7pm (Term time) from our base we run sessions to develop new leaders in games making to help us support more students to build up their self esteem and experience.
It operates as a mix between free tutoring lessons and work experience.
Sessions have 3 sections:
- Input into our commercial projects
- Tutoring in games making techniques and leadership
- Support and mentoring in students own game making
What we expect from you:
- Arrive before 5pm and stay at least till 6pm
- Be willing to learn
- Be willing to volunteer in an after school group
- Being kind and encouraging to other students
What you can expect from us:
- Welcoming, supporting, safe and encouraging environment
- Providing all the resources you need to succeed
- Training in games making software (we use Fusion 2.5)
- Staff to care about each student helping each grow into a confident leader
- Opportunities when we feel you’re ready for future work experience or paid work.
- Snacks, we’ll aim to have nice snacks.
To request a place on the Academy programme complete this form or contact us to ask questions